Monday, January 23, 2006

Strange Things

Last weekend, I answered the door to find two women nicely dressed holding what appeared to be Bibles. I was ready for some 'Jesus Loves You' line and mentally preparing my response. Instead the one standing closest to me begins by telling me that they're going through the neighborhood and talking to people about all the tragedies happening around the world. What a strange intro. I simply said "I'd rather not talk to you about that" and sent them on their way. I wonder which group they were from and who in the world told them that it would be good to engage people by talking about horrible things happening in the world. It has been a long time since I've been an active church-goer and I don't even know which one I'd go to if I were to take it up again. However, I know that I would want to go to one where the focus was the good stuff in the world... or at least the possibility of good stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that does seem to be an odd way to get someone to come to your church.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home