Sunday, August 08, 2004

August Happiness #7 & #8

Good Times all around this weekend.

Things that happened yesterday that I'm happy about:
  • Donna made it to Austin; we got to go see a chick flick, catch up, meet up with M&K for dinner and drinks.
  • K is still giddy about being engaged - - they got engaged about two months ago after 7+ years of dating. We'd all stopped asking if/when they were going to get married. She talks openly about the wedding planning, and has tentatively chosen March '05 as the marriage month. She even painted her nails yesterday b/c she knew she'd be showing off her ring to Donna. Sweet.

Today's happiness:

  • We decided that if you eat fake eggs, you can have real BACON. Yum!
  • Donna and I had more good times chatting this morning. I really appreciate her perspective on a lot of things. We had a friend/roommate in common many years ago. I'm still friends with her. Donna isn't. We totally understand and respect eachother's viewpoints on that. I've known said friend since preschool - - so I don't think she'll ever not be my friend.
  • I took some time for myself and read a book for a bit.
  • The grocery store wasn't unbearably crowded for a Sunday afternoon.
  • HUSband took my car this morning and filled it with gas and had it washed.
  • HUSband is mowing the yard right now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home