Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Poor Man's (Woman's) iPod

I've been listening to quite a bit of Launchcast radio at work through my Yahoo! Messenger. It's fun. I can rate songs, artists, and albums and then it plays something I've already rated or something it thinks I'd like to hear. I remember being so amazed by Amazon's recommendation tool when it was new. . . sort of the same feeling here sometimes.

While listening to a friend's station the other day, I rated a bunch of her selections as well. Now my own station has a bit more variety. It makes me laugh and think of her when I get a random Nelly or JaRule song on my station. Doesn't exactly blend with the Erasure, Depeche Mode, Live, U2, Counting Crows influenced mix that is generally playing.

A few songs bring back some very distinct and vivid memories. Most of them from college. I suppose that was the last time that I was really buying new music and going to see concerts. I'm such an old fuddy duddy. Counting Crows are playing now - - a song from August and Everything After. I can't tell you how many hours I listened to that CD.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We just bought Pink Floyd's The Wall... how's that rate since it's old but still oh so cool?!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and I'm willing to bet that I know that friend of yours!!! :-)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing the launchcast thing now for about a week. I've been getting songs from all over the place too. My likes are similar to yours. I've rated about three or four rap songs and now I'm bombarded with Nelly or Ja-Rule too.

Anna Banana

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arg, if you're an old fuddy duddy, where does that leave me?

(and as a point of reference, Pink Floyd - The Wall came out when I was in middle school)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

Arg, if you're an old fuddy duddy, where does that leave me?

(and as a point of reference, Pink Floyd - The Wall came out when I was in middle school)

Sorry to be double, I didn't mean to post this anonymously! I have nothing but grey hairs to hide, anyway!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've not really paid attention to LaunchCast, but I'll check it out. Sounds fun.

Jake
smackmybooty.com

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home