Monday, February 28, 2005

Everything and Nothing

I had a great weekend. It started out with a happy hour at one of our favorite downtown places. We ran into some friends there and it ended up being a happy three-hours. As the money was counted at the end, we had too much. That’s right, too much money. It was such a nice change to the typical situation when you find yourself questioning how much you put in and if you should put in more.

Friday night, a friend came over to stay the night before heading to Dallas for the rest of the weekend. Her boyfriend moved out over the weekend and she wanted to be elsewhere - - totally understandable. We’ve been friends since the 8th grade. Saturday morning, we got out my photo albums and laughed at the pictures of us on the first day of high school and the ones of us drinking wine coolers the next summer. We did a lot of growing up together then, and it is nice to be able to continue to do so now that we’re both the ripe old age of 30.

Saturday evening a group of girlfriends gathered for a birthday celebration. The honoree’s husband was out of town and we took advantage of being able to use their house. A fantastic meal was prepared and served, copious amount of adult beverages were consumed, there were countless hours of conversation about everything and nothing. These women are some of my closest friends; they are the sisters I’ve never had. They are the ones I know I can count on. We all once worked at the same place together. Until I came back to this job, none of us worked at that company anymore. We’re talking about taking a girls trip to Mexico in May and I can’t wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Constance Squared said...

That sounds like a good weekend! And Mexico sounds fun too.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ode to my sisters, my family that I chose! Everything and nothing... so true about many of our conversations! It was great to share that closeness & know that we can be completely ourselves.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home