Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Jones

Who are they? Am I chasing them? I don’t want to. I want to be happy and content being who we are, not constantly aspiring to be something/someone else. I’m aware that such a statement can be interpreted to mean that I have no aspirations or ambition. That is not the case.

The HUSband test drove potential new cars last week. Direct TV and TiVo arrived yesterday (I know our lives will never be the same) and the new dining room furniture and china cabinet arrive tomorrow. We don’t need these things, that’s certain. But I can certainly justify each one.

What do you have/want that makes you feel like your in the race with the Joneses?

2 Comments:

Blogger That Girl said...

Try EVERYTHING, except maybe a nice car. I've learned that in NJ it's useless to drive a new car, no one cares about it and it will have a thousand new dents at days end. Other than that, I want all kinds of things like new furniture, a new camera, and a new coach bag. The furniture I need because we have no dining room furniture, but I do have a camera and a coach bag. Just not new ones. :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Constance Squared said...

TiVo, Kate Spade, Dyson..... it will never end. I say if you enjoy it and can afford it just do it. You only get one time around and you should enjoy yourself. And if that means being able to pause live TV and display your wedding china, then go with it.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home