Monday, October 04, 2004

Yum!

I've been eating a lot of yummy food lately. Well, one look at how tight my clothes are you anyone can see that I've been eating a lot of food lately. Or at least not exercising. Or both. Probably both. Yeah, I'll admit it: it is both.

I ate this weekend like it was going out of style. Friday lunch was Mexican at the request of a co-worker. It was a birthday group lunch thang, so you can't say no. I didn't HAVE to get the refried beans, though. We thought we'd have a low-key leftover and snacky dinner on Friday, but the in-laws ended up making it to Austin in time for dinner. Obviously we hadn't planned for that (in fact, we'd asked specifically about it on Thursday night - - but that's another story), so we headed out to eat again. And guess what? Mexican food again! Saturday I had a bagel for breakfast, some peanut butter crackers around 4 and a big ol' hamburger from a place called Fat Boy Burgers in Johnson City. It was tasty, and the fries were wonderful, but I shouldn't have. Yesterday we went to brunch/lunch for a friend's birthday at Cheesecake Factory. The portions are so huge there - - and the Key Lime Cheesecake was so good.

I'm doing better today - - a Smart Ones frozen meal for lunch and a tangelo for an afternoon snack. Wish me luck to keep eating this way all week.

My biggest challenge while at work is the tin of butter cookies sitting out for public consumption. All the pretzel shaped ones are gone by now, but the round ones with sugar on top still call out to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home