Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Explanation

I had a question earlier today from the one and only reader that I'm aware of. She wanted to know why I write "HUSband" rather than "husband." Good question, somewhat silly answer:

HUSband is a term a friend started using shortly after she got married. She never wrote it much, but suddenly started calling him "my HUSband" all the time as if we'd forgotten his name. There's a bit of a East Texas in the pronunciation.

(tangent alert) Funny thing is that now, her HUSband is doing the musician thing and starting to go by his middle name rather than his first name. I've known this man 6+ years and NOW I'm supposed to start calling him something different? It's been tough. Unfortunately, most of us can't just call him "sweetie" or "honey" as his wife now does most of the time. Now, that would be something to blog about....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home