Sunday, August 29, 2004

A Week of Happiness

It's been an emotionally draining week. Even happy stuff can be tiring.

Monday 8/23: An early morning phone call from the VP at Old company offering me a position.

Tuesday 8/24: Giving notice to VP at Current Company. (I'd told my immediate boss Monday afternoon.) He seemed surprised, but was pleased with the level of professionalism I maintained. OOOH - It would have been so easy to be unprofessional.

Wednesday 8/25: Learning that my recently unemployed friend has been offered a contract. The best part is that she no longer feels guilty about taking the already planned trip to Italy since she'll have work to come back to.

Thursday 8/26: A night with very little TV at home. Grocery shopping on a weeknight with the HUSband.

Friday 8/27: A chain of emails among "the girls" with a subject line of "I'm bored." It's great to have friends like that. We were all stuck at the office for the last few hours of the week, but would have preferred to be with each other.

Saturday 8/28: Lunch with some girlfriends that I hadn't seen in forever. We spent almost three hours at McAllister's catching up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home